June 22, 2010

Don't Let The World Bring You Down

Hey everyone.

Well I didn't make it to the battle of the bands last week like I wanted to. I was waist deep into a audio install in Cory's car, and didn't finish until almost midnight. Oh well. My buddy's band won, so they're moving on to the next level, sometime in July.

Wednesday-boring. Parents left for Idaho, and then I played some frisbee golf with Paul. That's it.

Thursday I was supposed to go up and babysit, but I got an early morning call saying Doug poked himself in the eye with a stick (don't ask) and he wasn't going on his trip, so I wasn't needed. Great. Had they told me the day before (when it happened) I could have gone with my parents to Idaho. So now I have nothing to do for the weekend, and I'm bored out of my mind. So I decided to go up to their house anyways. They didn't need me to babysit, so I just got to hang out all weekend instead. Still had fun, although I didn't make any money.

A few interesting things did happen while I was there though. Right when I walked in the door when I got there, Mik (Ryan's friend who is basically living with them now) runs up to me, shirtless, and gives me a big bear hug. He hugged me for a good 20 seconds before he let go. He's pretty cute, although his ego is a bit large, so that was a nice little surprise to start the weekend. On Friday we're hanging on the couch watching a movie, and Mik comes and sits next to me, shirtless (the a/c broke so it was pretty hot in the house), puts his arm around my shoulder, his leg over my legs, and kisses me on the cheek. Then he stays there and cuddles with me for the next few minutes watching the movie. Then he gets up and walks away, no words spoken. Weird. I don't think he's gay, but he sure is acting like it. I have no idea of what to make of it. But he's a nice kid so the attention is nice.

Since all the beds were full, I slept with James in his bed. Thrusday night was fine, other than him stealing the blankets all night, but again things got a little interesting on Friday night. He went to bed before I did, and when I came in I did my best not to wake him up. I failed, but he only looked up, and then rolled over and went back to bed. It was a little early for me, so I had some trouble falling asleep. After about an hour I got up to go pee, and when I came back and got into bed, James rolled over, spooned into me and layed his head on my chest. So I threw an arm over him and tried to sleep. It was pretty cute, I don't think he knew he did it. At some point I woke again, but didn't move. I was just laying there, when I noticed the bed was creaking a little, and kinda bouncing. Apparently James thought I was still asleep, because when I looked over at him, he was lost in his own world masturbating. Woah! Not what I was expecting to see at 3 AM. So I rolled back over and gave him his privacy. But I knew when he was done when I felt the bed shake and I heard a poorly stiffled moan. After that he feel asleep and neither of us spoke of it. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know I caught him, but hey, he's 14. He's always horny. At least I was.

And the last interesting thing, well more annoying than anything, was I managed to drop my cell phone into the lake while trying to untangle the tow rope for the tube. My aunt ran over the rope and it wrapped around the motor. So I tried to unwrap it, and it feel out of my pocket into the water. It was only a couple feet deep, but it was really weedy and it took us a couple of minutes to find it. I finally got it and ran inside to try and dry it out. I hit it with a hair dryer for like 10 minutes, but it still wouldn't turn on. Oh well, stuff happens. So tomorrow I'm going to Verizon to get a new phone. Could be worse I guess. At least I have a phone.

That was pretty much all the stuff worth mentioning that happened up there. I came home on Sunday and went to Wyatt's house to watch Slo-Mo record his guitar tracks. He got them all done that day, and we're all pretty happy with the results. We grilled up some chicken and then called it a day. Thursday Wyatt starts recording his vocals, so we'll see how that goes. After that, hopefully next Sunday, I'll lay down the bass tracks and then we're done. We're going to send it to Aaron's dad who will master it, and then we can release it. I can't wait!

Today, nothing. I threw a round with Paul, and went to the chiro. Then sat around waiting for my parents to get home. They got home around 6, and we hung out while they relaxed from all the driving. Pretty boring trip for them, except for some intense weather. Wedding was good, but short. They spent 41 hours at the camp where the wedding was, and 43 hours in the car there and back. They don't think it was worth it. But if I was there to do the driving, they probably would have liked it more.

I'm pretty much on call for babysitting, so I don't know when I'll be back there. Pretty boring week ahead. Now that my dad is back, we're going to get back into the headlight issue. I really hope we get them working. And a new phone hopefully tomorrow. And then some more chiro appointments.

You know, when I type all this out, it seems like I have a pretty boring life. A lot of the same stuff, day in day out. Well the weekend up north was a little different, but at home it seems the same. Sorry if I'm boring any one. You could ask me questions about myself, or something you want to know, and that might make things less boring. I'm an open book, just ask.

And finally, I would like to send my congratulations and love to Paul and Layna, who just got engaged the other day! I wish them all the happiness in the world, and may their mariage last a lifetime!

Late,

-Kevin

This might be more palatable for you to listen to. Not as much screaming or high energy. The problem with having as much music as I do, I find something really good that I haven't heard before, or haven't heard in a long time, and listen to it A LOT. So I've been on an Incubus kick this weekend. Here they are playing 'The Warmth' from their second album and Red Rocks.

6 comments:

  1. I don't find reading what you post boring at all. Your life sounds pretty interesting to me.

    I hope you can get your headlights working right. I wish I was there to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way is your life boring. If it is then so is mine. Alot you remind me of my uncle. Play music and don't mind being around kids. And you do alot to help boys to. I think alot of guys think we are all loud and get in the way or bug older peeple. You seem realy awsome to me.
    DJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm glad some people don't find my life boring. Thanks guys.

    Brian - I wish you could help too. You would think it wouldn't be that hard, but this is ridiculous.

    DJ - From what I've read about your uncle, that is a huge complement. I can't believe you would even think to compare me to him. Thank you. I love kids, and I love helping kids. Except the ignorant ones, but I don't think anyone likes being around them. You're a really awesome kid yourself, and your interest means a lot to me.

    -Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. You think you're boring?

    Well then, i must be too, all i ever seem to post about is school :P

    Same stuff, day in day out...

    See? You're just as boring or as interesting (whichever way you look at it) as anyone else here!

    Also, seeing as im on summer break im getting round to linking more blogs, so ive put yours in my blog list :)

    Hugs,
    Rowan

    ReplyDelete
  5. O.O lol boys will be boys. Thats really all i have to say. Not boring. I don't have enough friends... Your weekend beats the hell out of going to work coming home and playing ffxi... thats what I do pretty much all week. ttyl ;p

    Hugs, Rob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kevin.

    What a coincidence that your phone ended up in the lake because I've got a phone that's been on the bottom of a lake for a couple of weeks now. Only mine didn't get there by accident. Although I regretted it all the same.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete