June 26, 2011

Down In Oakland

Hey guys. I feel like I've been a bad blogger lately. Sorry about that. I guess I've been busier than I thought.

Anyways, Erik and D left of their trip the Thursday after the party. I heard from them this past Tuesday (maybe Wednesday) and they had made it to Mt Hood, so that's good. I fly out to see them this Tuesday, and will be gone until Sunday. It should be a good time.

My friend Joey, who works at the BP, finally got hired as an electrician. She graduated with an electrical degree two years ago, and has been waiting for a spot in the union to open up. So last Tuesday she started that. So, I'm now a full time employee at the BP. Been working a lot trying to get trained in for closing, learning all the paper work and whatnot. Not terribly fun, but the money will be nice.

My friends Kaija and Ian had their second child, a son named Callum. Been trying to spend a lot of time with them and the kids. I can't believe they have been married over 2 years, and have two kids. Addy, their daughter, will turn 1 tomorrow. Time is really flying! It's crazy.

Hopefully once I get back from my trip, I'll be making enough money to finally buy the audio interface I need, so the band can start recording our album, and we can finally get that released. I feel like I've been talking about that forever, and I just really want it to get done. Doing it yourself kinda sucks. But it's cool at the same time, because you're doing it all yourself. I talked to a friend of mine at Erik's party, and he said he'd be willing to play bass on the album for us, which would be sweet. He is by far the greatest bass player I know, and I'd say better than a lot of the people in the bands on the radio. He's no Matt Freeman, or Les Claypool, but he can play a bass amazingly. I've briefly mentioned an old Minneapolis band here before called Morris (NOT to be confused with Morris Day, or Morris Day and The Time) that he was the bass player for, and I can't believe he wants to play on our album. I said it'd probably be boring for him, but he thinks it'll be fun, so that's cool. If you care, go HERE to hear Morris.

I guess that's about it for now. I'm pretty tired, but thought I'd give you guys an update, so you knew I wasn't dead.

Hope you guys are well!

143

_Kevin

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like things are going pretty well for you. I hope you enjoy your trip this week, it sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is "the BP"? Glad everything is going well, and I'm sure you guys will do fine cutting your own tracks. It just takes some patience.

    Well cool, Kevin! Have fun on the trip!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jay.

    The BP is the gas station where I work.

    Thanks guys!

    143!

    _Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason, I thought you were going out to OR on 6/20...so when I saw this post I thought you were already back! lol!

    Well, have fun out there.

    Looking forward to hearing some tracks from your album.

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete