June 2, 2011

...To Choke You Now

Hey guys.

Pretty tired tonight. I spent all day at work on my knees....and not in the fun way. My boss, being the cheap ass that he is, decided we needed to paint all the pumps. But he didn't want to pay a painter to do it. So I had to. He gave me some shitty knee pads, but they didn't really help. By the time I was done my knees were bleeding. Not what I signed up for.

Anyways, Erik and Demian have finally set an official date to leave, and have made plans for their going away party. The party will be on Saturday, most likely starting in the afternoon with one last bike ride, and then go well into the night, or even Sunday morning. So that'll be a long day. Then they are going to leave on Monday. Not sure when, but they're pretty much set to go. Just have to tie up a few loose ends and then take off. They finally got the solar panels hooked up to the camper, and they're now running completely off solar. I thought it was pretty sweet that they were drinking beers that were chilled by the sun :-P

I'm still pretty sad that they're leaving, even though I'm going out to Portland to see them at the end of June. I fly out on the 28th, then the next night we're going to see A Perfect Circle play. We'll most likely spend those two nights in hostels around Portland, and then on Thursday we're going to head up into Mt. Hood and set up camp for a couple of days. We'll do some day hiking trips and whatever else we can find to do, then I fly home on the 3rd.

I guess it still hasn't really sunk in that they're leaving. Probably because they've said they're leaving like three times now. But they both quit their jobs and don't really have a choice now, especially now that I have plane and concert tickets!

Well that's about it. Just thought I'd give you guys a quick update.

Hope you guys are well!

143

_Kevin

P.S. Has anyone heard from Paul? I know Layna was trying to get a hold of him, and I sent him an email a while ago and haven't heard back. I'm starting to get worried.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've got great plans for the end of June, something good to look forward to.

    I haven't heard anything from Paul. I guess he is in the vicinity of all that flooding down there. I'm worried about him too. I hope he will check in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when I get handed the "shit jobs". I'm the old man, with one bad shoulder (really bad - no more caving or kayaking), but when it's time to hang 60 to 80 pound servers in racks, who gets the call? I do, even though the boss and 3 others are marathon runners and triathletes. Where is the justice?

    Always sad when friends leave, but it sounds like you'll be having a great send off for them, and then reconnecting soon! That's awesome, Kevin!

    I want to get some type of camper sometime, and solar on it would be awesome. Since I do electronics, it sounds like a fun project for the day I drive one off the lot!

    Have a fun (but sad) goodbye, and an even greater reunion!

    Which Paul are you referring to?

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jay - Paul as in "Paul's Place" Paul. But I saw a comment from Layna, and it ended up being a communication problem, and I guess things are fine.

    143

    _Kevin

    ReplyDelete