August 24, 2011

I'm Still Here

Hey guys, guess it's been a while.

The past 2-3 weeks have been crazy. My boss's son got married this past weekend, and everyone that works at my station was going to the wedding, except me. So I got the short end of the stick, and had to pick up the slack. Did a couple of all day shifts and was working 50-60 hour weeks back to back. Not a whole lot to some people, but considering I've only been full time for a little over a month, it was a big jump. But on the bright side, I got a raise, so that's cool too. I think the straw that broke the camel's back with that, was about two weeks ago I went into the bathroom at work to discover a 'mess' on the floor.

Forgive the vulgarity of this, you can skip if you want. But someone took a shit on the floor. And it wasn't like it was an accident and they didn't make it in time. It was right next to the toilet, and was a 'full' amount. So I had to deal with that. Almost passed out, almost threw up, and almost killed someone. As I was cleaning it up, I started to get high off of the bleach, which is not fun.

So between everything else, and that, my boss did my 'review'. Word for word she said, "You're doing a hell of a good job, thanks for covering our asses, you get a raise." And that was it. So that was pretty sweet.

I am so glad that the wedding is over, and hopefully my life will get back to normal. Not much else has been happening lately, since I've been working so much. But I think I might buy a gun. I mentioned before that I got a .357 from my grandpa when he died, but the thing is too damn expensive to shoot. So I think I might buy a 9mm. Much cheaper to shoot, and I've always wanted a semi-auto pistol. Not sure though. The one I want is about $600-700 new, which I don't think I can justify spending. Might look into buying a used one though.

Got an email from my brother the other day. He and Demian are heading towards Burning Man. They'd been talking about that for a while, but I didn't think they were actually going to go. But I guess they are. They think they'll be pretty broke after that, so they'll probably start heading home after the man burns. Depending on how much money is left will determine how long it takes them to get home. It might be a mad dash, or they'll take their time and it'll be a month. Either way, it seems like by October, they'll be home. It's kind of bittersweet. I'm really glad they're coming home, and I can't wait to hear about every thing they've done, but i also don't want it to be over for them. It'd be nice if it could last forever, but we all know it can't. But they've been gone since the first week of June, so they've had a good run. Rather unproblematic too, although Erik mentioned something about San Francisco, but he wouldn't go into details. Just that no one got hurt or arrested...

So that's about it for now, I guess. I'm looking forward to things calming down and being normal.

Oh! My friend and first sponsor, Robin, is back in town after graduating school in Cincinnati, so I'll be getting together with him for the first time in 4 years soon, which I'm excited about. For those of you keeping score at home, he was also the drummer for Morris, who I've mentioned before. I'll post more once it happens.

So yeah, that's been my life for the last few weeks. Work, work, shit, work. But I'm making money and staying out of trouble, which is a good thing, right?

Hope you guys are well!

143

_Kevin


9 comments:

  1. Glad you're posting again. You have had a rough work schedule, hopefully it will settle down to something regular now. It's good your hard work is paying off with more respect and more money.

    Your brother and Demian have really had an adventure. They will probably have a catalog of adventure tales to tell about that will last for years. A trip like that is probably a once in a lifetime event but it is nice they were able to do it.

    Yep, making money and staying out of trouble is a good thing, but be sure to have some fun along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a shitty job...lol!

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come you were not invited to the Wedding?

    I once worked in a restaurant and someone did the exact same thing in the bathroom. I don't understand how someone could do this. It is crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, ha ha, Andy.

    I wasn't invited for a few reasons. I don't really know Steve, since I haven't worked there that long, and he only worked Saturday mornings. I'm the new guy, so I always get screwed with anything. And since everyone else was going, someone had to be there to work. Plus, I just didn't care.

    I try to have fun when I can, but seems to have been a while. I should change that.

    If I ever catch someone doing it again, I think I'm going to beat their face into the curb. I also think I should work on my anger :-P

    143

    _Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, Kevin

    Congratulations on the pay rise and review! It's good to know when people appreciate what you do.

    Puppies that leave messes often get their noses rubbed in them - I wonder if it would work with humans?

    Your mention of buying a gun gave me a bit of culture shock. It just wouldn't happen in Britain, and I think most of us don't even contemplate owning a gun. But if that's what you want, I hope you can find one at a reasonable price.

    Otherwise, it sounds like generally good news; I hope things keep going well for you.

    How is the weight control programme going?

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy, Kev! Good to hear from you again, and hear that although you're working a lot, the pocketbook is flush! Just think of all the new band/audio gear you can buy ;-)

    I've traveled a lot, and I've seen what you got stuck cleaning up a few times. Once I think the person who walked out before me left the "deposit". He looked normal! HAHAHAHA

    I love my Sig P226 9mm. I got it used for about $700, if I remember correctly. It's right beside me. See if you can find someone who reloads. I reload for pennies a round, and they shoot fine for target plinking.

    Oh, and congrats on the raise! That must be nice.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inexpensive and very reliable, Hi Point Firearms.

    9mm Pistol: 165.00 New, US Dollars
    http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/handguns/handguns_9mm.html

    Matching 9mm Carbine: 315.00 New, US Dollars
    http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/carbines/carbines_9mm.html

    Both for less then the cost of a new expensive 9mm pistol. Both are very reliable weapons and both shoot 9mm cartridges. I own both and they are very fun to shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I try to have fun when I can, but seems to have been a while. I should change that."

    Weren't you and your Dad going to go out to Oregon on a "Jeep Retrieval Mission?"

    Inquisitive minds and all that...

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mark - I suppose that would be a culture shock for you. But you know how us Americans love our guns! ;-P It's not really for a safety concern, I just like going to the range and shooting off a couple hundred rounds. Good, clean, safe (if you know what you're doing) fun.

    The weight program hasn't started off too well. With the chaos of the wedding and everything, I was back to drinking pop, and eating shitty. But I'm trying to get back on the good path. Hopefully with less stress, it'll be easier.

    Jay - I'd love to find someone that reloads. But everyone I know that shoots, doesn't. And it's rather expensive to buy a whole reloading setup. What do you have?

    Annon - Thanks for the links, I'll take a look.

    Andy - That was the original plan, but Erik thought about it and decided to leave it in Portland. The new plan is for them to finish the trip in the new truck and then come home. Erik will then fly back to Portland and drive it back, kinda like an extra bonus trip to finish the odyssey.

    143

    _Kevin

    ReplyDelete