September 29, 2010

It's So Hard To Say Goodbye

Hi all. I got back from the cabin last night. Was a pretty relaxing week, which was nice.

I woke up today with a call from Kaija informing me that our friend Cindy committed suicide on Monday. She was one of Kaija's mom's friends, and was living in an apartment above their garage. Monday morning, Deb (Kaija's mom) went in and found her dead. Apparently she took a bunch of Deb's anti-depressants. Deb said there are about 100 missing.

I met Cindy earlier this year at one of my BBQs, but she became one of the family almost instantly. She was a wonderful, easy going kind of person with a heart of gold. None of us thought she was suicidal, let alone depressed. So it came as a big shock to all of us. She will truly be missed. After my chiro today I'm going to go hang out with Kaija, Ian, and Garrett. But it will be a sad day I'm sure. Not exactly how I wanted to wake up.

I'm still having trouble believing she is gone. I don't know when the funeral will be, but hopefully I'll find out today.

143

_Kevin

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that, Kevin-- It is one of the most difficult and agonizing things to try to understand... all the 'what if's' and 'could have been's' Especially with someone so giving and nice...

    I feel particularly sad to hear that she shared none of her pain with her friends... I'm sure she wanted to protect the people that she loved, but, it rarely helps the survivors feel better about the bad outcome. For that, I hope you find comfort in the companionship of your friends... It is times like this that friends are so important.... love, tman<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a terrible thing to hear. I'm so sorry for you and her other friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry Sticky. One of my friends older brother did that this year. He was realy nice and it us super sad. I hope you are ok. DJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sorry to hear that. My aunt's son shot her while she was sleeping, and then killed himself. Apparently she asked him to do it. It is a struggle for their immediate family. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete