October 8, 2010

Now Entering (The) Kiester

Hey guys.

So the funeral was last week, but I decided not to go. Just wasn't feeling up to it. But I'm starting to do better with the whole situation, which is good.

Anyways. Last Friday Aaron and I went to go buy him another car. He thought it would be nice to have a winter car, so his current car will last longer. Whatever, it's his money. So he found a Honda CRX down in Kiester, MN, which is about 120 miles from where we live. The car looked great in the ad, so off we went.

Since we were going to the middle of nowhere, we were smart and told our parents where we were going, what we were doing, and when we thought we would be back, just in case something bad happened. There have been a fair amount of stories in the paper about people being killed when they meet people on Craigslist.

The farther we drove, the more worried we got, because everything just disappeared. We were about 5 miles north of the Iowa border. Finally we pulled into a small, little town with a sign saying "Welcome To Kiester" (And yes, it is pronounced like keister.) So we knew we were there. After having a few laughs over the name, we called up the guy to tell him we were there.

A couple minutes later he pulled up, and we followed him to his house. He seemed like a decent guy, but I was still a little on edge. We pull onto this random dirt road off of the highway and start driving through corn fields. At this point, I actually started to get a little scared, not knowing where the hell we were going. I had my knife in my pocket, but didn't think it would do much. But it's always nice to have some sort of protection.

As we came over a hill, we saw his house and pulled over. He and his friend went and pulled the CRX out of the garage, and then we started the business of looking/buying a car. Aaron and I both have a good amount of experience in this field, since we are always buying and selling cars.

So we went to town looking the car over, and asking questions. The car wasn't as nice as it appeared in the ad, but still nice enough. So Aaron decided to buy it. They haggled on the price a bit, and then we drove off into the sunset (actually, into the rain that was headed our way). Aaron drove his Civic while I drove the CRX back to the cities. Pretty boring drive, since the radio in the car didn't work, but we got home without any problems.

After saying goodbye to Aaron, I jumped into my truck and drove home. I went up to the BP the next day to see him, and he had driven the Civic to work. I was a little confused, but figured it was because he hadn't changed the title yet. So I went inside to see what was up, and he told me he wanted to sell the CRX already. My jaw dropped, and I just looked at him with a 'what the fuck?' expression on my face. He said he didn't really need two cars, and it was a mistake to buy it. I was a little annoyed because of everything we had gone through the day before, so I told him to give it a week and then see how he feels. So far he still wants to sell it, but we'll see.

That's about all the exciting stuff going on right now. Tomorrow Aaron and I are going to take our dogs down to the river to play around for a while, which will be fun. Erik is off to the cabin for the weekend, and my mom is going out of town with some friends, so it'll just be me and my dad for the weekend. On Monday I'm going to the cabin with my mom, for the official last time of the year, since they close it up next weekend.

Been spending a lot of time lately writing and working on new songs. It's been helping me deal with everything that's going on lately. I brought the song 'Dixie' to the band today and they liked it, so we're going to work that into a song. Now I just have to come up with some good music to go with it. I have a couple of ideas, but I'm not happy with them yet. I just need some inspiration.

Well I've rambled on long enough for one night. Hope you all are well!

143

_Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment