December 21, 2010

Update

Well we got the call today. At 5:39 PM central time, Uncle John died. I'm sure he went peaceful, the way we all hoped. He will be missed.

His wife and kids will be joining us for Christmas this year, so it'll be nice to catch up with them, although it'll be kinda crowded.

My grandpa's 'numbers' didn't do what they wanted, so he's still in the hospital and will be starting dialysis tomorrow. They'll implant a catheter type thing into his neck in the morning, and then in the afternoon he'll get his first dance with it. It takes about 6 weeks for the thing in his arm to heal, so 3 days a week he'll get the dialysis in his neck. Hopefully nothing goes wrong with it. We're hoping/expecting him to come home from the hospital on Wednesday, and rested up for Christmas come Friday.

It will definitely be a gloomy Christmas, but I'm going to try and stay positive. Honestly, I can't wait for this year to be over. 2010 wasn't my best year. It even started off wrong. 2 hours into the new year, and my car got towed. Not my idea of a fun new years eve, or day at the impound lot.

Here's hoping 2011 is better!

143

-Kevin

I realized this is my 50th post. Not what I would've wanted it to be, but that's life. I'd just like to thank all the people who follow my blog, and all the anonymous readers who haven't made themselves known. I'm very grateful for all of you, and I'm glad you are in my life. I love you all.

3 comments:

  1. Kevin,

    I'm sorry for the pain and tough times you're going through.

    But you're right, such is life!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sticky- I am really sorry about your uncle. You have a very Merry Christmas and i hope we both get a better 2011. Thank you for being my friend.
    DJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so sorry, kevin - for you and for all of your family. how is your grandpa taking the news? again, i pray that God blesses you guys with peace and comfort this Christmas.

    peace and love - jeff

    ReplyDelete