February 14, 2011

Larry

Hey guys.

Today, January 13th, marks the one year anniversary of the passing of our friend Larry. I'm not sure if all of you were around when it happened, but Larry was just starting to join the blogging world. And he did it in a really cool way. He would post something from the same day, when he was around 13. Then he would do a post from his current life. It was a nifty idea, but one that never got to come to fruition.

I won't go into his life story, but he decided to end his life early. I was just starting to get to know him, and he was tragically taken away from all of us. Since then, I have gotten to know him a little better through his amazing cousin, Paul. I'm sure some or most of you know who Paul is. I've also come to know Paul, and I'm happy to call him a friend. It's very sad that it was under horrible circumstances, but I'm glad I got to know Paul.

So please keep Larry, Paul, and their families in your thoughts as they approach this milestone in their lives. I've quoted it a fair amount of times, yet feel it's still fitting:

'So where is the justice when no one is at fault, and a human life is tragically wasted? How fragile is the flame that burns within us all to light each passing day?'
-Bad Religion

I posted this before, but I want to post it again. It's a song that I wrote the night I heard of Larry's death.

As A Friend


Suicide isn't painless
And suicide isn't nameless
No matter what you feel
We must come together to begin to heal.

You left this world all too soon
Now there's nothing that we can do
And though we knew each other for a short time
I'll always consider you a friend of mine.

You had a hard life, it's true
But now we're all left thinking of you
I wish it didn't have to end this way
There's not much else to say.

We will always love you
And we will always miss you
Until that day we see each other again
I'll think of you always, as a friend.


Paul created a video for Larry, and said I could post it up here. The dead shall live on forever, if only in our hearts.

Godspeed Larry.

143

_Kevin

4 comments:

  1. Hearing of Larry's life through his blog posts and then having his death occur had a profound effect on me. I will never forget him. The tragedy of losing someone like this in this way is something I just can't understand or come to terms with. This sort of thing just shouldn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin sorry it's been a long time since I have commented here - I think it's wonderful that you have remembered Larry, he was a truly special person - am finding this hard to write as the tears are streaming down my cheeks - it's hard to believe it's been a year since that very sad day.
    Kingest regards Stef.
    ps sorry I had to post under anonymous but google shut down my account? but I have left my name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kevin, I am also glad you remembered Larry. I miss him so much. I also lost this song and I really like the song, thanks for posting it again. Richard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kevin for this post.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete