October 23, 2010

Breaking The Rules

Hey.

Now, I'm sure some of you know that I'm not a very religious person. I went to church as a kid, but only because my parents made me. I got confirmed, for my mom. I don't have a problem with religion, it's just not really for me. I'm more of a spiritual person, than a religious one.

'My' church is one of the more liberal ones. They let you interpret things as you want, not how some 70 year old white man does. I've met the ministers, and they are very loving, caring, and accepting people. One of them is a lesbian, another gay, and for a time there was a trans-gender as well. For the most part they were welcomed with open arms. Of course, the religious media had a few things to say, but fuck them.

Anyways, my mom was telling me about a sermon from the 10th, by one of the gay ministers. She said it was really heartfelt and emotional. And according to my grandfather, the first time he remembers a minister getting a standing ovation after a sermon.

So obviously I was intrigued. I was able to read it online, and I must say, I am blown away. I can't believe these words are coming from a man of God, spoken at a church. Granted, there is some bible content thrown in, but still, I am truly amazed.

So I ask of you, religious or not, to give it a read. It will only take 10-20 minutes of your time, but the impact will last forever.


Breaking The Rules

It's in PDF, so you might need Adobe, if you don't already.

Or if you prefer, you can listen to an mp3 file.

MP3


I listened while I read, which I would recommend, because not only does he phrase things slightly different, it allows you to get a deeper impact of what is being said. You can hear the emotion in his voice.

Do as you wish, but I would highly suggest checking it out.

Hope you are well.

143

_Kevin

2 comments:

  1. I just finished listening to the sermon and I did as you did: read along as I listened. I'm not a religious person but I was very impressed by this person and what he said. It is an important message that I wish most people could hear. Thanks for telling me about it and providing the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin,

    Good stuff.

    Thanks!

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete