January 17, 2011

Bleeding Me

Hey everyone.

As Octavius pointed out, it's been a little bit. I started work, albeit only 2 days so far. Training was pretty easy, and honestly with all the time I've spent there, it didn't even feel like work. I guess that's a good thing.

This Wednesday they're getting an updated register with a bar code scanner. So instead of having to manually enter everything, most of it we'll scan now. Which means most of what I learned last weekend will be pointless. Oh well. Linda said after that gets put in I'll get more hours, so that'll be cool.

I had my hopes and dreams crushed on Tuesday the 11th. A boy I've had a huge crush on, Tristen, for about 7 months now, played the religion card. As he put it, he's very against homosexuality, simply because it's not how god made us to be. I didn't tell him I was gay, or that I like him. I just brought things around to homosexuality, and asked his thoughts on it. Not what I wanted to hear.

Now, as you know, I'm not religious. But I don't force my views on other people. You believe what ever you want, just don't expect me to follow along. I have no problem with people who believe in god. But I can't explain how much it hurt to hear this angel say he despises the way I am. Granted, he doesn't know that, but still. It tore me up inside, and I wished I hadn't asked. Ignorance is bliss, right?

When I told him that some of my other friends are gay, and that they're perfectly normal, he said yeah, except they kiss other men. So? Why does that matter? Then came the whole god didn't make us....blah. I did throw him a hint though, and said that there are probably people in his life who he cares about that are gay and he has no idea. He did say true, but we basically dropped it after that.

I didn't really think he was gay, just a hope. Sometimes I would wonder about him, and it all just seemed to fit. I figured if anything, he wasn't, but didn't care. I didn't expect him to feel so strongly against it. It's times like this that I do really hate religion. Because of religion, and his upbringing, he hates people like me for no other reason than because some guy in a white robe at a pulpit told him to. I'm sorry, but that's just fucked up. Talk about following like sheep.

Anyways, I need to move on. If I've offended anyone with the religiousness, I apologize. Thursday I did find the single greatest way to pick myself up, and get out of my depression. Kaija and Ian's baby Addie's laugh. Just sitting there watching her laugh and learn new things brings the biggest smile to my face. I was over there on Thursday feeling like shit, and just starting playing with Addie. The next thing I know, I'm laughing hysterically and having a wonderful time. The whole house was filled with laughter. Once I left I started to feel bad again, but it was a great escape for a few hours.

About a month ago, Aaron found 4 tickets on the ground at the BP while he was working for Trampled By Turtles. I posted a video of theirs a while ago. A local bluegrass band that has started to explode. Well the show was last night and Aaron, my brother, Demian and I all went. It was at the legendary First Avenue in Minneapolis (look it up, wikipedia is your friend). It was an amazing show, although I must say it wasn't quite as good as when I saw them at the State Fair this past summer. I think it was just the energy. The Fair was a free, outdoor concert, while this was a paid, sold out, indoor show in the middle of January in Minnesota. But for being my second time seeing them, they were amazing. My back still hurts from it.

I think that's about all that's worth talking about. I've got a massage scheduled for tomorrow, and a chiro on Wednesday, so hopefully the back will calm down. Band practice is slowly moving forward. I think we'll do one more new song, and a cover song, and we should have enough for an album. I'll keep you guys posted.

I hope you guys are well.

143

_Kevin

There's so much raw emotion, it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. If you don't know this song, go buy the album and get to know it all.



Not from the show I was at, but it gives you an idea.

2 comments:

  1. All very interesting. Thanks for this glimpse into your life.

    Being around a happy baby can sure brighten one's life, that's for sure.

    I like that bluegrass band, glad to hear they are getting good recognition now. I hope they really succeed.

    I share your view on the bad effects of religion. Sorry that Tristen doesn't seem to be working out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the bluegrass band, which is really odd because i usually don't like bluegrass. metallica always rocks me, but bluegrass... i think i feel dirty but i kinda like it.

    i could feel the hurt in your writing about tristen. i'm very sorry for that, kevin. you guys are still friends, i hope?!?!?

    glad the BP gig is going well. hope it keeps up. hang in there, bro.

    peace and love - jeff

    ReplyDelete