August 14, 2010

Character Zero

This has been one of those weeks where it feels like I've done nothing, and everything at the same time. I can't believe it's already Friday night either.

Last weekend, I went up to Lynn and Doug's house to hang out. They were both in town, so I didn't need to baby sit. I went up Friday night and then came home Saturday night. Just a quick little trip to clear my head. It was around this time that the whole JJ/Richard thing came to light, and I just couldn't process everything. So I did what I always do. Jumped in the truck and got out of here as fast as I could.

Not a whole lot happened up there, just some relaxing and time to think, which is what I wanted.

Sunday, my family went over to my grandparents house to celebrate Erik's and my dad's birthdays. We started off with some water skiing and then had a nice salmon dinner. My grandpa's boat motor broke earlier that week, but one of his neighbors was nice enough to let us use theirs. Unfortunately, it was a wake boarding boat, so it had a huge wake. Made it rather difficult to cut across, but we managed. But the next day Erik, my dad, and I were all feeling the extra strain on our muscles from having to work harder. Pretty low-key weekend which was nice.

Monday night Erik asked to borrow my truck to go pick up a camper. He and Demian are going to travel around the country for a few months starting in October, and have been looking at campers for a while. They finally found one they liked in their price range, so they bought it. It's a 1972 19 foot tow camper. I wasn't too excited about it when I first saw it, but now that I've been in it and gotten used to it, I really like it. And they've made it really nice inside considering they only paid $800 for it. Although, it does seem to be a hippie mobile. Lots of band stickers, black lights, tie-dye, and whatnot. But their dirty hippies, so I wouldn't expect anything less.

Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty boring, same old stuff.

On Thursday the band went to a photo shoot that Wyatt's ex-girl friend had paid for as a christmas gift to us last year. We weren't really excited, but it was free so we went along. It was rather awkward for us, trying to pose in the pictures, but we made it work. I think we look better when we're playing music instead of standing in a dark basement next to a brick wall. Oh well. We should get the pictures back Sunday or Monday, so we'll see how it turned out. If they don't suck, I'll post some on here.

Today I went and played a round of frisbee golf with Cory, but when we were about half way through, it started pouring. So we ran back to the truck and headed home. Cory went home, and I started helping Erik and Demian get the camper ready for the weekend. They are currently on their way to East Troy, Wisconsin to go see Phish play. They're playing Saturday and Sunday night, so Erik and D thought it would be a great test trip with the camper. So we were getting the finishing touches ready. Installing a stereo and speakers, last minute cleaning, stocking the fridge with beer, all that kind of stuff. 5 or 6 of their friends were going with, so once everyone got to my house and had their stuff loaded, they took off. I think they finally left around 10:30. And since it's a 6 hour drive, they should be getting there around 4-5 in the morning tomorrow. But they're young and resilient, so it shouldn't be a problem.

They had to take my truck so they could tow the camper, which means I originally got screwed out of a vehicle. They also took the mini van to fit all the other people. But then Demian said I could have his 1979 El Camino for the weekend. Which is AWESOME! I know it's kind of a redneck car (sorry Gabe), but I love this thing. I don't have a picture, but it's a deep purple, almost brown color. It has a fuel injected 350 from a 90's camaro, and a 5 speed manual transmission, so it's really fast and powerful, but still gets good gas mileage. D said he gets between 25 and 30 mpg on the highway. Pretty good for having 350ish horsepower.

So that gets to be my toy for the weekend. I think I'll find ways to entertain myself :-P

Not much going on around here, so I think it'll be low-key again. Might play some more disc tomorrow if the weather is nice. We'll see.

Well that's about it. I hope everyone is well, and things are going fine.

143

_Kevin


I couldn't find a good enough quality live version, so here's the studio version instead.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kevin,
    Really interesting post. All your activities sound like a lot of fun. Boy, they sure got a good deal on that camper! And what an adventure their plans of traveling around the country for a few months sounds like! I'll bet they'll have a great time. What will they use to tow the camper then? You might have the use of the El Camino for a long time if they need to use your truck. That sounds like a really fun vehicle. It's amazing if it gets the gas mileage he claims.

    Sounds to me like things are going good for you.

    Best wishes,
    Brian

    ReplyDelete