August 23, 2010

Drop The P From Pride And Hop In My Car

Hi guys.

So I ended up going up north to baby sit like I thought, although just Wednesday night til Friday night. They didn't need me Wednesday night, but I had to take Ryan to her drivers test at 8:30 Thursday morning, so we thought it would be easier if I got there the night before.

So I tried my best to go to bed early, which almost worked, but I kept waking up. So by the time my alarm went off at 6:30 I think I got maybe 2 hours of sleep. Not a great start to the day. The test was about an hour drive away, so we had to leave by 7:30. I got up, made the ever important coffee, and went to wake up Ryan. She got up rather easily, but said she felt really sick. I just figured it was nerves, so I told her to get over it. Maybe 2 minutes later, she ran into the bathroom and threw up. OK, maybe it's not nerves. But she was determined, and I was already up, so we jumped in the car and started driving south.

She slept the whole way, and I struggled to stay awake. When we got close to the area, she called to get directions, since their website didn't have an actual address on it. Well the stupid lady on the other end gave us the wrong directions, so we got lost. After trying to regain my bearings, Ryan called back and got the right directions. We were getting close to her appointment time, but we made it just in time.

So I drive up to the window to check in, and they ask for all the paper work. I give it to her, and she says the insurance card is expired, and they need a valid one. Fuck. So I go park, call up the insurance company and explain the situation. Unfortunately, since I'm not on their policy, I'm not authorized to be given a card, so they can't fax one to the DMV. I tried explaining that both her parents were flying for work, and that I was babysitting them, but they wouldn't budge. She said she would try to call their agent and see if they would authorize it, but didn't sound to hopeful. Ryan and I spent the next 15 minutes pacing around smoking cigarettes, pissed as hell, and finally the insurance company calls back. The agent was nice enough to authorize me, and they faxed a new card over to the DMV.

So we go inside to get it, get back in the car, and off she goes on her test. Surprisingly, she passed. But since her parents weren't there to sign something, she couldn't drive yet. So she was still pissed off. And since her parents weren't coming home until the weekend, she has to wait until Monday before she can drive. Oh well.

Drive back up to their house, and I crash for a few hour nap. Woke up feeling much better, and hung out with the kids for the rest of the day.

Friday was pretty much the same, hanging around the house watching movies. It was REALLY humid outside, so we didn't want to go out.



I'm pretty tired, so I'm going to wait to post the rest of the weekend. But let me tell you, some interesting things happened, so be sure to check back.

143

_Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment