August 18, 2010

Jose Bove

Well I was telling DJ about a local Minneapolis band that some friends of mine are in, called Jose Bove. It's rather hard to explain what they sound like. Basically, it is two drummers, playing on the same set, going bat-shit crazy. And then some white noise thrown in the background for some reason. Seeing them live, you are bombarded with a wall of noise that shakes you to the core, and you don't exactly know what happened until it's over. It takes about 20-30 minutes for all of your senses to start working properly again.

Here are two pictures, so hopefully you can get an idea of what I'm talking about.




I doubt it will be anyone's cup of tea here, but I'll put a link up to their myspace so you can hear a track. But be warned, it's crazy. And it's better live.

http://www.myspace.com/josebove

Also, anyone know why I can't get the links to work? I click on blogger's little link button, insert the link address, but when I post it, there's nothing there. Not even text.

While I'm at it, I'll throw out some other good local bands that you guys could check out, if you want.

Mojo Spleens. Totally forgot to mention this one DJ. Surf punk. That's all I'll say.

http://www.myspace.com/themojospleens

One of my favorite bands of all time, Morris. And not Morris Day and the Time.

http://www.myspace.com/morrisblows

And lastly, The Big Wu. A great jam band, that puts on amazing shows.



Let me know what you think.

Oh yeah, the riddle of my last post. Brian, you said you figured out the meaning, but didn't share your idea. Oh well, I'll tell you anyways.

The first persona is basically the collective America that is sick and tired of the politicians making all these promises, and then not following through. They just mess things up worse, and then turn tail and leave. The second persona is that of the politician. He showed up, tried to do right, failed, and now has to face the destruction and hate. The chorus, I actually borrowed from a Bad Religion song. I doesn't exactly fit, but I liked it, and thought it worked. And it's also a little tribute to Bad Religion as well.

As for the title of the song, I'm not that surprised no one got it. Paula Ticks - politics, was the hint. If you sound it out, Dixie - Dick C - Dick Cheney. I got rather tired of everyone bitching about Bush in their songs, so thought I'd change it up. The song is about politicians in general, but I thought the name worked.

So that's it. Potentially babysitting tomorrow until Friday, I'm on call, so I might not be around too often. I get internet up there, but it depends if the kids are driving me out of my mind or not.

Hope you guys are good.

143

_Kevin

3 comments:

  1. That drumming is really wild! I can see how being there live could really work on your mind.

    I am glad I didn't say what I thought about the meaning of your song, I was wrong. I had another idea that I thought fit. Neat play of words with the title. I'm too slow for this kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sticky! Some cool stuff you put on here.
    Ha det
    DJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Brian, now you're making me even more interested. I'd still love to hear what you thought it was about.

    You're welcome DJ.

    143

    _Kevin

    ReplyDelete