August 16, 2010

Dixie

So I wrote another song. I think this one is better than the last that I wrote, however, dealing with a different subject. Trying to write discretely about being gay is rather hard. So for now I've abandoned that idea. But to make things slightly more complicated (here I go again), there is a double meaning behind the song. I'm sure the first one, or the surface meaning, is pretty easy to figure out. But I think the deeper meaning is harder to get, which is what I wanted.

Let me know what you think. And if you're wondering, the title is a play on words. I'll give you a hint though, Paula Ticks. And if you're a little confused, the first 4 lines of the verses are one persona, then the next 4 lines are another persona. Hence the conflicting view-points.



DIXIE
~~~~~


Deception, corruption, we follow with blind faith
You led us through the storm, left us all with empty plates
For months on end, you built up these lies
Now I can't wait to see the light leave your eyes.

When I came here I was looking for acceptance
I tried my best so you'd like me and we'd be alright
Now that the dust has settled you want me dead
But I don't know how I lost this fight


So where is the justice when no one is at fault and a human life is tragically wasted?

How fragile is the flame that burns within us all to light each passing day?


We tried to help you out and to make things work
But you kept building the lies like some self-righteous jerk
Left to pick up the pieces of our shattered place
While you go back to fuel your fucking face

Was it really that bad? Did I do so wrong?
I did my best to stay all so strong
You look at me and see a dirty old clown
Acting like I wore a big jeweled crown


So where is the justice when no one is at fault and a human life is tragically wasted?

How fragile is the flame that burns within us all to light each passing day?


oh I get it, you want sympathy from us?
Well then here, I'll give you a clip full of pity.
You pull the trigger, watch as it spins
Wait for the impact and don't make a fuss.

Well you're in luck, it's time to go
I'll get out before you throw that fatal blow
Say all you want in your stupid little flow
But know when it's over, I stole the show.


So where is the justice when no one is at fault and a human life is tragically wasted?

How fragile is the flame that burns within us all to light each passing day?


So again, let me know what you think. Good, bad, ugly, whatever. I look forward to hearing your feedback, and who can figure out the title.

I also put my email address in my info section. Shoot me an email, hit me up on MSN, whatever's clever.

Hope all is well.

143

_Kevin

Oh yeah, we got some pictures back from the photographer. This is my favorite so far. I'm in the lower left.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure I understand the meaning of the song itself, but I haven't related the title to it yet.

    ReplyDelete