April 15, 2010

Something In The World Today

So I just got a rather disturbing phone call from my brother. A couple of years ago, my brother used to live with a friend named Bryan. Bryan got his girlfriend pregnant, so my brother, Erik, had to move out. At the time Bryan used to deal pot, but not in huge quantities. Once he found out his girlfriend was pregnant though, he stopped dealing all together and got a real job. He's been fine ever since. Anyways, I get this call from my brother saying two guys with guns broke into Bryan's house while he, his girlfriend, and one year old daughter were all home. The invaders taped both Bryan and his girlfriend up and placed a gun in Bryan's mouth after pistol whipping him in the head. They then started ripping apart the house looking for whatever it was they were looking for. At one point one of the guys threatened to kill Bryan's daughter if he didn't give them what they wanted. Unfortunately, Bryan had no idea what they were looking for, and they wouldn't tell him. They just continued to tear apart the house. Luckily, one of their neighbors had seen the shady individuals enter the house and then a few minutes later heard a scream, so they called the police. A whole bunch show up at the house and arrest one of the guys. The other one was upstairs going through their bedroom when he noticed the police. He quickly jumped out of the second story window and began to run away. The cops saw this and released the k-9 after him and they quickly arrested him as well. Other than a few stitches in Bryan's head, everyone is fine physically, but will be scarred emotionally for the rest of their lives.

I just can't get over the fact that this was a completely random act of violence. They live in a pretty nice town with a low crime rate, right next to a school. It was a little after 5 pm when they entered, so it was still light out. And the thing that really bothers me, is that they threatened to kill a one year old baby. There is something seriously wrong with these people.

Anyway, I know it's not really about me, but my brother just told me and it had me really bothered. I want to tell you about what I'm doing tomorrow, but this got kinda long so I'll post it tonight after band practice.

Peace,

-Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment