April 19, 2010

The Weekend

Well A Night On The Street was a huge success! I got there about 6:30 Friday night to start building boxes. We had a little over 400 to build and scheduled three hours to do it all, but we had like 10 people and were really efficient so it only took us about an hour and a half. I had originally planned on going home and taking a nap after, but I spent the next hour talking to the cop that was there, just shooting the shit. It was rather weird having a conversation with an officer and being treated like an equal. Even when I talk with cops and I'm NOT in trouble, they always act like they are superior to me. Probably because I'm a punk teenager that up until a year ago had a 10 inch mohawk. Might have something to do with it. Anyways, I left there about 10 o'clock and went to a gas station where a buddy of mine works, here by referred to as the BP. They close at midnight so I went up there and hung out with him until they closed. Not a whole lot going on up there, but it was a nice way for both of us to kill time. After that I went home and grabbed a shower and some play time, before going and getting something to eat. Headed over to my friend Anthony's house, because he was going to do security with me that night. I got there kinda early so we just hung out watching tv until it was time to go back to the church.

We got to the church a little before 3 am, and went and met with the previous shift to figure out the plan. Basically we were supposed to walk around the parking lot and make sure people don't walk through the parking lot or try and mess with any of the boxes. Occasionally we would walk around the entire church to make sure there weren't any people causing trouble there either. It was a pretty quiet night, and the three hours went by incredibly slowly. Me and Anthony spent the night telling jokes and smoking cigarettes basically. I thought it was rather funny that the cop that was on duty spent most of his night sleeping in his nice warm car while me and the rest of the kids were out in the wind and cold. Oh well. Finally 6 am rolled around and I dropped Anthony off at his house and hightailed it back home to get some well deserved sleep. Slept away the next 8 hours, and spent the rest of the night hanging out at home recovering.

Sunday rolled around and I got up relatively early, at least for me. My brother was over working on some friends' cars, he's a mechanic by the way. My buddy Aaron, who was working at the BP on Friday, needed new brakes put on his car so my brother was going to do that also. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal for me. Go pick up his car at work, bring it to my house, and bring it back to him. But the awesome thing about Aaron's car, is it is a right hand drive Interga that was imported over from Japan. Since it's from Japan, it's not an Acura Integra either, it's a Honda Integra because Acura is an American brand. So I'm in love with this car, it's incredibly fun to drive and you really have to pay attention to what you're doing because you're on the wrong side of the car. Shifting is also interesting at first because you use the other hand. So I got to drive that a couple of times which was really fun, and then spent the rest of the day hanging out at home and had a bbq with the family. It was nice to just relax for the rest of the weekend after such a hectic Friday/Saturday morning.

Now I'm just killing time until class at 5:30 tonight. Should be fun, but at the same time, it is school. Not much planned for the rest of the week, other than a doctor's appointment and band practice.

Hope you all are well.

-Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment