April 30, 2010

Am I Dead Yet?

Fuck. That pretty much sums up my week. Monday didn't go nearly as well as I had planned. Woke up for class with a huge migraine, so couldn't go to class. Spent the entire day in bed sleeping and hating life. Woke up Tuesday without a headache which was nice. Went to the chiropractor and then went frisbee golfing with my friend Paul. I just started at the end of last year, so I'm not very good. But Paul has been playing for almost 15 years so he has a lot of pointers to give which is nice. After that had dinner with the parents and hung out outside on the deck enjoying the beautiful weather.

Ever have one of those days where you just feel off? That was Wednesday. It started off pretty good. Went to the chiro, went discing with Paul again and ran into three of my friends at the course that I haven't seen in a long time so we joined them and had a good time. Then it went downhill. Went home for dinner, grilled pork chops and potatoes :-). One of my parents' friends came over for dinner which was cool. But my mom and him started socializing and drinking wine more than cooking, so the chops and potatoes got rather burned. It wasn't a huge deal, but kind of annoying. I love pork chops and had been looking forward to them all day, so I didn't get what I was expecting. After dinner, all my friends were busy so I had nothing to do so I decided to go for a drive and clear my head. With school coming to an end, I've been stressing really hard about exams and such, so it was nice to get out and spend some quiet time with myself (If you can count listening to loud music quiet time :-P). However, spending time with my thoughts wasn't as relaxing as I had hoped. I started thinking about everything that I have to do in the next week or so, and I started to get really overwhelmed and rather depressed. Not what I had in mind. Decided to go up to the BP and hang out with Aaron which was good because he's always in a good mood and helped to cheer me up. He's really goofy and always cracking jokes from movies or something. Once they closed and I went home, I was feeling realativily better, but still called it an early night and went to bed.

Thursday I had band practice. It started off incredibly good and we were really productive again. We nailed all our parts on the songs we've been having trouble with and there was a lot of positive energy. After a couple hours we took a break and had some KFC. Like always, once we went back to play, we were getting tired and losing motivation fast so we called it quits shortly there after and just hung out outside, again enjoying the weather. I went home not expecting to do anything for the rest of the night when my friend Kaija called my saying she and her husband Ian were back in town for a few weeks and they wanted to hang out. We decided to have an impromptu bbq and bonfire at my house. They and our friend Garrett came over and we grilled up some brats and beans and caught up on what's going on in everyone's lives. After dinner, we headed out to the fire pit and built a big fire. A little while after we got it going, my brother and his friends Yogi and BooBoo (Yes that's what we call them)came over and joined us at the fire. We spent the next few hours out there burning shit and having a good time. Around 1 AM it started to rain so we went inside. Ian, Kaija, and Garrett had to leave but the rest of us decided to watch a movie. They settled on 'A Scanner Darkly' which I've seen a few times so about halfway through I decided to go to bed.

Woke up today and went to the chiro, and now I'm here. Later today I have to go up to my aunt and uncle's house again and drop off my brother's dog for the weekend. My parents are having a dinner party tomorrow and with my brother moving in at the same time, we thought it would be too much hassle to have Kodi around. If he wasn't a 110 pound Rotweiller I don't think it would be a problem, but he is so it is. After that I'm helping my brother move more of his stuff here. Tomorrow is his last day to get out of his place so it's becoming a mad dash to get it all out. On Wednesday he came over and stole my truck and gave me his car so he could start moving stuff over after work which he's been doing at 1 am. As long as he gets it done, who cares.

So that's my week. Maybe not as bad as I thought now that I look back, but at the time it sucked, especially Wednesday. I probably won't get a post in until Sunday, but we'll see. I'm going to be running around like a chicken with its head cut off all weekend.

I'd also like to say thank you to my third follower, Octavius. If you haven't checked out his blog or his story, they're in my blog list and I recommend you head over there.

-Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment