April 26, 2010

Where Has The Time Gone?

Wow, it's already Sunday night and I haven't posted here since Tuesday. I guess I've been busy, without even realizing it. Well let's see, Wednesday I had my doctor's appointment which went pretty good. The doc said my nose and sinuses are healing well just like he suspected. I took the percocet before and also took some anti-nausea pills too which seemed to do the trick. I was pretty high at the appointment, but the doctor understood. Normally after the doctors I'm so high I just go home and sleep but I had a chiropractor appointment a couple hours later so I had to stay up. I thought about taking a nap before, but knew I was so drugged up I wouldn't wake up in time. So hung out around the house watching tv and then went to the chiro. Nothing special there, just an adjustment. Afterwords, I had dinner with the folks (dad came home Wednesday night) and finally came down. I was still rather groggy though. I'm not supposed to drive for 24 hours after, but my dad needed me to go with him to pick up my mom's car from the shop so I had to drive a little. It wasn't too bad, but towards the end of the drive I started to feel more out of it and was glad I was almost home. Looking back it probably wasn't a good idea to drive, but nothing bad happened and we got the car home. Won't be doing it again though.

Thursday I had band practice. Not much happened though because Wyatt, the singer, wanted to get a tattoo done so we called it quits early. After that I hung around the house for the rest of the night. Pretty boring.

There has been a transmission sitting in my driveway for two weeks from a car my brother worked on and he needed me to take it to the junk yard that he got the new one from to get the core deposit back. Normally this wouldn't be too bad, but the place was about an hour and a half away from my house. I thought it would be a pretty boring drive so I invited my friend Cory to come with me. He didn't have anything else going on so he decided to come. We headed out and made pretty good time, getting there around 1 o'clock. Dropped the tranny off, got the $100 back, and the turned tail and headed home. I was right, it was a very boring drive so it was nice to have Cory there to talk to. It's funny how many random conversations you can have with a person when you're trapped in a car together for 3 hours. Got back home and dropped Cory off at his house. After I got home I was dead tired from the drive so I took a nap for a couple hours. Once I woke up, I ate dinner, sloppy joes I believe, and called Cory. He didn't have any plans for the night so he came over and we watched Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween. Not a great movie, at least compared to the original, but it was enjoyable. There were a few sex scenes in the movie where I could see Cory got a little 'excited'. I guess I never really mentioned this before, but I'm gay, and have a slight crush on Cory, if you will. So these little moments are nice treats for me. Anyway, once the movie was over Cory went home and then I went to bed. I had had a long day of sitting in the car and was just beat.

Saturday rolled around and I had no plans at all. At least it started that way. Since my brother is moving back home with us next weekend, he is starting to bring some of his stuff over to the house and he called me to come help him and to use my truck. That's the funny thing about owning a truck. EVERYONE calls you to help them move. In the last four years I have moved 20 times with my various trucks, but it has never been me moving. I'm always being called to help move people. But they pay for gas and sometimes give me some money for the trouble which is nice. So I head over there and we load up the truck and bring it all back to my house, unload the truck, and then help my parents rearrange the house some more. We had a pile of furniture we didn't want or have the room for, and my aunt said she would like it, so we were going to give it to her. The only problem is she lives an hour away. So again I get called upon to haul all the stuff up to their place. I didn't really mind though because I didn't have anything else to do and I like my aunt and uncle and cousins. Got up there about 9 pm and unloaded everything. Then went inside and was watching tv with my cousin. My uncle got home and we all watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I had never seen it before so it was cool to watch. After the movie my uncle and cousins went to bed and my aunt and I stayed until 3 am just talking. I love that about my aunt, she just talks and talks and talks. Finally she said she had to go to bed and I said I had to go home. She tried her damnedest to get me to stay the night, but I really wanted to sleep in my own bed so I went home. Got home at a little after 4 am and crashed right away. Didn't even brush my teeth I was so tired.

Woke up this morning with nothing to do until 5 pm. Hung out with my parents and helped them finish arranging the house for all of my brother's stuff. About quarter to 5 I left to go to another band practice. This one started out really good and on the spot wrote a new song. Now we just have to polish it up and tweak things a little. Usually it takes a little bit for us to get it worked out right, but today it all just clicked. Then Wyatt and Aaron, one of the guitar players and also known as slo-mo, got into a huge argument about a song, and Slo-mo grabbed his guitar and walked out the door. Aaron doesn't have a car, and lives 20 miles away, so he just started walking down the street. We all gave him a few minutes to calm down and then we called him. We finally convinced him to come back and then we had a huge, two hour long band meeting. A lot of things were said, and on more than one occasion people got pissed off, but everything that needed to be said was said and we all calmed down after a while. Now we know where the other members stand, and know the direction we want to go. It's not how I wanted it to happen, but it needed to happen. After practice I hung out with the other Aaron up at the BP, and shot the shit with him until closing. Came home, made some pasta and watched some tv, and then jumped on the computer.

So that was pretty much my week. I didn't think it was that busy, but thinking about it I did a lot of stuff, just spaced out enough so it didn't seem hectic. I'm sure there is more that I did Wednesday/Thursday that I don't remember, but that's the big stuff. This week shouldn't be too bad. Just classes and helping my brother move more of his stuff over. I'll keep you posted on what's going on for sure.

-Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment