May 19, 2010

I Can See, I Can See I'm Going Blind

So like I said, I'm not a huge Korn fan, but holy shit do they put on a good show. We got there right when the opening band was finishing up, so we just hung out outside the infamous First Ave smoking cigarettes and getting pumped up. We headed in about 10 minutes before they started to get good spots. Erik and BooBoo went off into the pit, but me and our buddy Tom stayed off to the side so we wouldn't die. I didn't think my back could take some serious moshing. So Korn comes out and it's incredibly heavy and everyone is rocking out and the energy is extremely intense. They started their song called Coming Undone, which isn't really one of my favorites so I was just like whatever, but after the first chorus something happened. The drum beat stayed the same, but the rest of the band dropped out and I hear Jonathan Davis say, "buddy you're a big boy make a big noise." Oh shit! They busted out the first part of We Will Rock You by Queen. Definitely not expecting that at a Korn show. The entire place explodes and it was amazing. Definitely the highlight of the night. The rest of the show was awesome and I walked out with a really sore neck. Headed home, Tom got in his truck and went home, and Erik and BooBoo crashed out watching a movie.

Today I went to the chiro which was wonderful because my neck was really sore from last night still. After that went for another bike ride by myself around town, and then came home and hung out with mom. Pretty laid back night. Tomorrow I'm going with Demian to go buy a bike for myself. I have a bmx, but it isn't very comfortable to ride, and it doesn't fit in with everyone else's cruiser bikes. So I found a really cool GT Kustom Kruiser Roadster for $175, but I'm going to try and talk them down on it. We'll see. The picture is of the one I'm getting, taken from the ad.



Here is a video of Korn playing Coming Undone with We Will Rock You, but not from the show I was at.



I'll let you know what happens with the bike soon. I'd like to thank my two new followers, Paul and Gabey. Thanks for reading guys!

-Kevin

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy riding my bike but I don't think I would like that one. It doesn't look efficient. You are sitting too low for gravity to be much help in pedaling. I want one for comfort and efficiency, not style. But then I'm not one of your group. Maybe to you style is everything.

    You have followers and readers you don't know about. Some follow anonymously, like me, and usually don't comment.

    I hope your neck and back quit bothering you. What caused the problem? I must have missed that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not their biggest fan, but I like Korn. Coming undone is probly my fav song of theirs tho. I never heard it with the queen mix.

    If only Disturbed would hurry and finish their new album, I'd be a happy camper

    Cool bike, u should def get it

    Shit, gotta post as anonymous...looks like I'm not signed in and being on my phone, it's too late to sign in now

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's actually rather efficient. Not as much as a road bike or anything, but for what it is it's pretty great. Good workout too.

    I'm not too sure what's with my back. I think it's a mix of a heavy back pack, drumming, and poor posture. But all the chiropractor visits are helping.

    I know I have anonymous followers, but since I don't know your names, I can't directly thank you.


    Paul: A new Disturbed album would be awesome. I've been a fan since Down With The Sickness came out, and seen them a couple times.

    It's not a bad song, but probably not my favorite. Although the Queen part helps.

    -Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read somewhere that they just finished recording their new album and it will be released some time in august. The album will be called "asylum"

    dam, forgot to sign in again
    Paul

    ReplyDelete