May 26, 2010

Keep On Truckin'

Yesterday, hot. But not as hot as Monday or Sunday. Did the chiro, went and started my allergy shots, which will hopefully help with the migraines, and then went on a bike ride. I got beat down by the bike again, about half way through my thighs started burning like crazy, even when I wasn't pedaling. Just sitting on the bike hurt. But I pushed on and made it home. Grilled some food with the family (no Erik tonight) and then it started raining. It was nice because it really cooled off the air so it was actually quite comfortable. Erik showed up and had to finish up a car in my driveway in the rain. It really sucked, and I felt bad for him, but he got it done pretty quick. Hung out with the rents, and then kicked it with Aaron at the BP for a while. Then just spent the rest of the night watching movies, since I didn't want to be in the rain. Before I went to bed I ordered up some new headlights for my truck, because they got kinda damaged in the accident. They still work, but the aim is off and the brackets broke so I can't adjust them. Hopefully they will be here middle of next week.

Today, I woke up and right after I got out of the shower, Kaija and Ian were standing in my hallway. Kaija remembered my garage code, and when I didn't answer my phone, let herself in. She hasn't done this in probably 5 years, so it was an interesting surprise. I was just glad I had gotten my pants on first. We hung out on the deck for about 15 minutes, but then I left for the chiro and they went home. Now I'm at home slowly getting ready to head to my cabin in Hayward, WI. It's the first time of the year, so I'll have to open it all up and get it working again before everyone else shows up Thursday/Friday. My grandparents and parents are coming up tomorrow, and then my aunt and cousins are coming up on Friday. Should be a good time. Hanging out on the deck, going for boat rides, not being in the cities. I can't wait! That's why I volunteered to go up and open it up, so I could just get up there. Ever since it's been about 45 degrees outside, back in March, I've wanted to go up there. Now I get my wish. It's only about a three hour drive, so it isn't too bad. I've done it many times before, so going up in the middle of the night by myself on a two-lane, dark highway full of deer won't be a problem. I just wish I had my new headlights. Fortunately, my high beams are still aimed right (weird) so when there aren't other cars I'll be able to see fine. I'll probably take some pictures and post them on here when I get back. I'll get back on Monday, so you probably won't hear from me til then. There isn't internet up there, but I can sometimes get shaky internet on my phone up there, so when I get bored at night I might get on. We'll see.

Everyone take care, and be safe this weekend!

-Kevin

My dad, and subsequently my brother, are HUGE Grateful Dead fans, and this was the first song of their's I ever heard. Still one of my favorites. I thought it was fitting.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice post. I hope you all have a great time at the cabin. It sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! Honestly it sounds like home. A long two lane high way in the middle of the night with the cold night air blowing my hair around heh my kind of drive. The quiet and tranquil feeling you get in moments like that are what I live for. Have a great time! I'm totally jealous but its ok, I'm sure I'll get mine sooner or later^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete