May 12, 2010

So What Good Advice Have I Got For You To Insure Against Your Likely Metamorphosis Into This Reprobate?

OK. So I thought Friday night would be nice and relaxing, pick up Josh, drink some espresso, go sit in line. Not too bad. But no. Instead I had to drive Josh's mom off at home, which is an hour away. So I grabbed her from downtown and we went to get Josh. We got there a little early so we sat around for a while bullshitting. Once he got off we headed north to Wyoming (the city, not the state). A pretty boring ride considering Nicole (Josh's mom) was rather drunk and repeating the same story over and over again. We got to her house around 3 AM and went inside to hang out for a while. Basically Josh and Nic wanted to smoke some weed so we all sat around in her room and talked. Finally around quarter to four I convinced Josh we should head home. Got to my place about 5 AM and loaded up on coffee and warm clothes. Remember how I was worried about rain? Well it didn't rain, IT SNOWED! In fucking MAY! Sometimes I hate Minnesota, but mostly I love it. So after making sure we were going to be warm enough, we left to go get in line.

When we got there I was expecting there to already be a line, but there wasn't. So instead of sitting outside in the cold, we stayed in the truck waiting for more people to show up. About 2 hours later someone else finally showed up but he stayed in his car so we did too. The store opened at 9 AM, but tickets didn't go on sale til 10. About quarter to 9 a whole bunch of cars started to show up in the lot, but we soon realized it was people there to shop. The store was having some big sale so everyone wanted to get the good deals. When the store opened, me and Josh made a mad dash to the door and beat the one other guy there. We got a number (#1) and then had an hour to kill. We were both pretty tired from being up all night and sitting in a car for four hours so we just randomly wandered around the store. Once 10 rolled around we got in line and easily got the floor tickets we wanted. After dropping $290 we were on our way. I dropped Josh off at his house and went home to sleep the rest of the day away.

I ended up waking up at about 9 PM rather disoriented. It's pretty weird going to bed when the sun is up and waking up when it's down. I watched Saturday Night Live with my parents before they went to bed. It was too late to find something to do and I was still kinda tired so I just goofed around online for a while before going back to bed.

On Sunday we went to my grandparents house for Mother's Day. It was me, my parents, my grandparents, and my aunt and uncle with their three kids. It was a beautiful day so the kids and I went across the street to the park and played basketball until dinner. I'm not a big basketball fan, but it was just for fun and we all had a good time. Dinner rolled around (pheasant) and we had a huge meal full of wonderful conversation. The only thing better would have been if Erik was there, and Kodi. Oh well. After dinner we lazed around their house for a bit letting the food digest and then we all headed home. My cousins had school the next day and my parents had work. Was a pretty boring night at home after that.

Monday, had a chiro appointment, and then the whole crew (Garrett, Kaija, Ian, Josh, Nicole) came over for another bbq. This time in the rain. We decided to brats and beans again like last time because we were all on a tight budget. It wasn't raining that hard so grilling outside wasn't too bad, but we did eat inside. After dinner we played a bunch of card games and talked. It was a nice relaxing night and it was nice to have everyone together again.

Today the only eventful thing I did was go to the chiro. It was raining again today so I didn't get to go play frisbee golf like I had planned. It was Paul's birthday and I wanted to go throw with him, but between the rain and his physical therapy (for his bad back) he didn't want to. So I hung out all night with my mom watching movies instead. Now I'm here, bored as usual. I was disappointed to see JJ's blog has been deleted, but I understand it was for the best. He is still around, but the blog is gone. Hopefully it will come back someday.

Not much planned for tomorrow, all depends on the weather. If it rains, I'll probably drum for a while. If it doesn't, I'll go disc and then drum for a while. Either way I see drumming in my future. I've been changing my kit around lately and am still trying to get used to it.

But who knows, the days that start boring usually end up being my most hectic days. Maybe something big will happen tomorrow and I just don't know it yet. If it does I hope it's something good. Well that's it for now.

-Kevin

I've been on a big Bad Religion kick lately.

1 comment: