May 25, 2010

Roll The Window Down This Cool Night Air Is Curious

Well Saturday started off pretty laid back like I thought. Lounged around the house for a bit and then went on a bike ride. Spent a couple hours outside enjoying the weather and getting some good exercise. Had a nice dinner with the family (Erik was actually home for dinner for a change) and then went with Erik to a buddy's house for a party. Actually, it was his parents' house, because they were out of town, but whatever. Hung out there for a while and saw some people I haven't seen in almost a year which was really cool. Around 2 am we all decided to go on a bike ride around the lakes (seeing a theme yet?) and had a great time biking around and listening to music. Got back to their house and had a bonfire and then finally got out of there around 5 am. Yogi and BooBoo were pretty drunk, so they got a ride from me and crashed at my house.

Woke up on Sunday and gave the bears a ride to their car and headed off to band practice. It was extremely hot so I decided to drive instead of biking. Not a very productive practice though, I think we were all suffering from the heat. Finally we called it quits and went our separate ways. I went home and was informed our air conditioner broke. Great. Just had to happen when it's 90 degrees outside. Had dinner with the whole family again and then biked up to the bp to hang with Aaron. About thirty minutes after I got there, Kaija called me to have a bonfire/bbq at my house. I didn't really want to because of the heat, but they twisted my arm (free food) and I gave in.

We spent about three hours grilling different kinds of food, and by the time we were done, we figured it was too late to start a fire so we just hung out instead. It was the same crew as last time, and they ended up leaving around 2:30 in the morning. Again, when they left I biked to the gas station to get some smokes and then came home and went to bed.

Today I woke up hot as hell, and then remembered the A/C was broken. And it is another day in the mid 90s. It'll be a couple days until it can get fixed, which fucking SUCKS! Last night when I got to the bp I stood in their giant cooler for the pop for like 20 minutes enjoying the cold air. So after taking a COLD shower, I went to the chiro and then came back home. Killed a few hours watching crappy movies waiting for Erik to get home. When he finally did, we went off to see the Deftones play at First Ave. I'm not a huge fan, but I like them enough to be excited to see them live, more so than Korn at least. We missed the opening band since Erik was at work, but got there right as the Deftones got onstage. Since it was 90 degrees outside, it was around 110 degrees inside the venue, but totally worth it. They played an amazing show, and my body really hurts from it. Glad I have a chiro tomorrow. After the show, went home and we did our best to stay cool. Laying low watching tv and eating ice cream pretty much. Now I'm here, and about to go to bed. I have to start getting my stuff together to go to my cabin this weekend. It's the first time of the year, so there is a lot of stuff to bring up. We don't use it in the winter, because it's not winterized, so we bring almost everything home. But I get to drive my truck up there so it's worth the effort. And I just love being there looking at the lake.

Hope you're all well.

-Kevin

Deftones featuring Maynard James Keenan of TOOL - Passenger

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying the bike. You've inspired me: I think I will go for a ride today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I love the bike. Glad I could help, now go get some exercise the fun way!

    Thanks for following too.

    -Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did go today, a little more than 1-1/2 hours on some nice bike trails in a nearby city. Beautiful weather, nice scenery, really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like one hell of a bike ride. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete