May 7, 2010

Trans-Continental Hustle

On Tuesday I went out with Paul and played some frisbee golf. It wasn't my best game, but I am really starting to see improvment. Makes me happy all the effort I've been putting in is paying off. Later that night I was trying to download the new Gogol Bordello album, when my computer got a virus. Now I'm sure some of you are saying I deserved it for illegally downloading music, but what can I say? I'm a broke college student. Anyways, I tried my best to get rid of the bastard but it wouldn't go away. Finally I gave up and figured I'd call my dad the next day. I called him (he's in Wisconsin all week) and explained what was happening. Without being able to see what was going on, he talked me through what I needed to do and how to do it. After letting an antimalware program scan in safemode for two hours, it finally found the virus and deleted it. I was super excited and really impressed my dad could fix it from over 200 miles away and going off what I said. I have a decent knowledge of computers, but I never could have done that. So I was happy again, but still wanted the new album. Turns out my buddy Aaron (BP), who I just got into Gogol, had the new one and said I could come up to the station and get it. SWEET! Did that, hung out for a bit and went home.

Loaded up the new tunes and fell in love. If you don't have the album, the title of this post btw, or if you have never heard of Gogol Bordello, GO check them out NOW! The best way to describe it besides awesome, if Gypsy Punk. It's not what you would normally picture as punk musically, but lyrically it is. I don't know, it's really hard to explain. They dubbed the term Gypsy Punk though, so must be close. After that I went and checked the various blogs I follow and caught up on the day and a half or two I was gone. I wait until night to check them/this, so it was more like two days because I hadn't been on since Monday night. Pretty boring day all in all.

Today I took my truck over to the insurance company so they could inspect it and give us an estimate to get it fixed. Turns out it was $1,000 to get it all fixed including labor. We have a $500 deductable, but we probably won't fix it. My truck is completely drivable as is, once I get a new license plate holder. They said I needed a new bumper and shit which added up quick. Oh well. Later on I played another round with Paul, this time in a lite rain. Not too bad because there was no wind and the water kept you cool. Wasn't as good of a round as Tuesday, but still better than a few weeks ago.

I think I forgot to mention earlier that I just found out TOOL is coming to Minnesota in July, and they are one of my favorite bands. Tickets go onsale this Saturday at 10 am, so me and my friend Josh are going to go camp out at 4 in the morning to get tickets. We really want to see them, and tickets usually sell out in 15 minutes, so we want to make sure we get tickets, hopefully floor tickets too. So I'm picking him up from work tomorrow at 2 am, heading to my house for an hour or so to load up on caffine and such, and then going and sitting in the cold for 6+ hours. I just hope it doesn't rain and I'll be happy. Then going home and sleeping the rest of the day away. Sunday I'm going to my grandparents house for Mother's day which should be nice. Erik won't be there though because he and his friend Demian are heading up to Brainard for the weekend to go camping and buy some El Camino parts. Demian has a '79 Camino, and knows a guy up there with around a dozen of them and all the parts you could ever need so they are going to splurge. I wish I could go, but I'd rather get TOOL tickets. Should be a nice weekend, although maybe a little hectic with low sleep and all the realitives.

I'd also like to say hi and thank you to my new followers Rob and Eddie. Thanks for following guys!

My current favorite song from Gogol Bordello. (Same their name 5 times fast, or slow, it'll break your tounge.)



-Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment